Our client was created in 2017 and has developed an online Digital Bank (via mobile) for emerging countries. It offers loans up to $500. Mainly present in Nigeria, the structure has begun to open up its activity in India and Colombia and is looking to continue its growth in 2021. Composed of 50 employees (mostly based in France and Nigeria), the company is actively recruiting a VP of Engineering to support the company's strong growth, and support the technical teams.
As VP of Engineering, you will be involved in the recruitment and growth of the IT team in France and internationally. You will ensure that the IT team acts in accordance with the company's strategic requirements. You will work jointly with the CEO, CTO and more globally with the various managers, technical and business directors. Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Define the recruitment strategy with the Management team
- Manage a strong team of engineers (today composed of 10 people in France and Nigeria the objective is to rapidly reach more than 50 engineers)
- Ensure the proper development of new features of the product
- Improve architecture, infrastructure, product design
Current technologies: Android / Ruby on Rails / sikekiq / rspec / Python / API-flask / AWS / MySQL...
Why join this company?
- A major project in the banking sector (2 billion people concerned by the company's activity)
- An extraordinary technical and recruitment challenge
- Teams in France and abroad
- A varied technical universe (mobile development, software, web, Big Data)
- You ideally have an engineering degree in computer science
- You have a significant experience (5 to 10 years) in back-end development (RoR, Python, Node.JS, GO, PHP or Java)
- You have successfully managed a team of engineers in France and abroad (from 20 to 50 or 100 engineers for example).
- You have significant experience in managing an IT team of more than 50 people (teams in France, abroad, remote).
- You have knowledge about AWS or GCP cloud
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- English level: Bilingual
- Location: Paris
- Contract : CDI
- Salary: 80 - 120K€ depending on profile